Monday, June 25, 2007

Day Dream

Sleep seeps into my eyes
The bitch, how I missed her last night
As I toodle between yawns and sighs
A blanket comes and covers my eyes

Oh, how I dreamt of that long lost girl
That pink necklace with a singular pearl
That misty night, the boat in the lake
The call of the wild, and me lying awake

And then I see a light in the dark
I get ready for the enemy's attack
But then I saw that it was her
Hey! Fighting beauty was not my knack

We made love till early dawn
And then she slipped away, a white, serene swan
I woke up too late, and I woke up alone
My eyes seeked her presence, but she was long gone

And then I heard a shrill bell ring
I woke up wit a start, my head still on wings
The classroom was empty, once again I was alone
My sole companions were my notebook and my phone

NOTE: Writing poems is not my cup of tea. But this was actually written in the classroom last term during a boring lecture, just to keep sleep at bay as the concerned prof. used to feel very offended if he caught someone sleeping in the class

2 comments:

Saanjh said...

IF not ur cup of tea,it sure must be ur cup of coffee (considerig ur preferences).About the poetry.Interesting.Very.To say the least.If this is what a boring classroom could produce, wonder what the settings described in the poem could manage to conjure. :)

An offering said...

Spellbound......
Hoping Ur lecturers inspire U wid more of boredom...looking fwrd 4 more